Truckee River Winery is open for Outdoor Tastings by appointment and on site purchasing Wednesdays through Fridays from 11:00a-5:00p. Select Saturdays we will be open from 11:00a-5:00p. Please follow us on Facebook and Instagram to learn more. Curbside pickup, local delivery and ship options are also available.
This is the current stage of our re-opening and we will be closely following the guidelines set by Nevada County and the State of California.
Guidelines follow all county and state regulations put in place as of January 20th, 2022.
Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to seeing you this year!
What Changes have been implemented for safe re-opening?
The health and safety of our guests and staff are our number one priority. As we slowly re-open, we want you to feel comfortable and safe while enjoying our property and wine!
Here is what you can expect:
1. We are open for outdoor seated tasting on our patio only. Reservations are highly .
2. Groups will be limited to 10 people or less. Participants must be 21+ years of age, and have id available, please inform us of any children in attendance.
Groups larger than 10 please call or email to book directly with our coordinator.
3. TRW does not serve food, and customers can bring in their own picnic items, but we ask that they take their refuse with them.
4. Anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, fever, shortness of breath), will not be allowed entry, those in the party will not be allowed entry either.
5. We have the right to refuse service to anyone exhibiting signs of intoxication, is disruptive, or otherwise interferes with the safety and well-being of others.
Our Visitor Code of Conduct:
1. If you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, please say home. If you arrive and are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, we will kindly ask you to reschedule your visit.
2. Practice social distancing and maintain a 6 ft physical space between yourself and others not in your immediate party.
3. Observe directional signage
4. Wash hands frequently and use hand sanitizer. We will ask you to sanitize your hands before entering the tasting room/visitor center.
5. Follow our posted signs and staff instructions.
To ensure your safety we are:
1. Conducting a wellness check on our staff each day prior to reporting for their shift.
2. Providing ongoing training for staff members on enhanced safety measures.
3. Providing hand sanitizer for staff and guests, and we have heightened cleanliness protocols for wine service and wine handling.
2. People who are not fully vaccinated must still wear masks in all indoor public settings, and should wear masks in outdoor crowded settings when that region is experiencing high covid transmission. Fully vaccinated people may go unmasked in most settings Workers will follow Cal/OSHA rules.
All Face Coverings Must:
• Fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth and allow the guest to remain hands-free
• Fit snugly, but comfortably against the side of the face
• Be secured with ties or ear loops
• Be made of breathable material, either disposable or reusable
• Bandanas and gaiters must be 2 layers
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you require reservations for experiences?
Reservations are highly recommended for all visits to the property including club members, industry partners, curbside pick ups and bottle purchases without tastings. Our seating and space are limited, and reservations ensure everyone has an enjoyable experience.
What if I am running late?
Your appointment is for a set timeframe so we may need to reduce your tasting experience duration in order to maintain the proper sanitizing standard in between guests. Appointments running more than 15 minutes late may have to reschedule, but please call us if you are running behind and we can generally accommodate.
Do you take walk-ins?
Reservations are highly recommended, but occasionally we can accommodate smaller walk in groups. We may be able to accommodate same day reservations as well, when space allows.
Please call 530-587-4626.
How many people can you accommodate for an experience or tasting?
We can accommodate up to a total of 10 people per table. This includes designated drivers and anyone not participating in a tasting. Individuals under 21 years of age are allowed on property, but may not participate in tasting.
Why can we only book up to 10 people for a tasting?
Our limited seating only allows for a maximum of 10 people per group. For larger group requests please email our coordinator at [email protected]
What is your cancellation policy?
We ask that you please cancel at least 12 hours before your reservation to avoid cancellation fees. Fees vary based on the experience booked. We understand your plans may change, so please call us to cancel your reservation as soon as you can to avoid incurring fees. If you need to update your party size or adjust your time, please cancel your existing reservation and re-book.
What offerings do you have besides wine?
Water! and palate cleansers. Our facility does not have a kitchen and therefore we can not prepare food. We allow groups to bring in their own picnic items and non alcoholic beverages.
Are pets allowed?
Well-behaved dogs are allowed on our patio experience and must be on a leash at all times. Please ensure social distancing is maintained by your party, including animals.
What if I forgot my mask/face covering?
We will provide a disposable mask to you.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, cash, Apple Pay, Google Pay and Venmo.
Can we picnic at your property?
Guests are welcome to picnic on our property, but can not bring in outside alcohol. Please take your refuse with you upon leaving.